Friday, 9 June 2017

The useful Instagram robot.

Instagram is fun, addictive and popular. Unfortunately it is entirely useless to the vast majority of its users.

This is because it is a visual network and the accounts that do well offer well targeted but rather 'samey' images directed at a narrow demographic. Women with attractive bottoms and cute kittens are both popular.

No doubt these pictures fulfill a particular need but they leave the user no wiser than before.

I decided I would try to change all this.

I have two accounts. Life.robots aims to give practical financial help in a visual way.
This picture illustrates the way in which a paperclip may do the job of a bookmark and yet will not fall out. This sort of thing will never make us rich but makes life easier.

My other account is under the name richard ford. This is closely related to my other blog and contains information on hidden places not to be found it the tourist guide books.  The Instagram account is useful because each of my photographs contains a geo-link that can lead the reader to the exact spot the photo was taken.

I recognize that making my accounts objectively useful will not make them popular- we need about 100,000 followers to make money from an account- but at least I know I am offering my followers something they can use.

Follow me! I follow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate the comments for spam but welcome contrary viewpoints.